Followers

Monday, April 7, 2014

Easter Themed Burlap Canvas Class

Dear scrappers,
I had tons of fun today making the sample for my coming class this Wednesday at 10:30 am...



A friend of mine, Andrea, challenged me to make a class using some burlap canvas she got at Michaels in special, well, I did :-)
Here is the result. I got some modeling paste from Teresa Collins and her stencils, thus I decided to play with it and include it in this class:


I added some acrylic beige color to it and sponged some crystal blue ink from CTMH in some places...


I cut the bird, the house and the branch with the flowers using my new Cricut Explorer, which by the way I love!!!!!



I was able to cut and write at the same time, see the green leaves...


I got some old Easter embellishments I got in an exchange by mail long time ago and used along with some new ones I bought from Hobby Lobby...



I sponged some juniper ink (CTMH) to the already glued greenery... I used CTMH liquid glass to glue every piece because burlap is very porous and anything else didn't work as well...


I even added some wood fence, which I wanted to paint before hand, but decided against it last minute...
I left some parts of the canvas without the modeling paste on purpose to show the burlap through...
In the end, it was a great project, thanks Andrea for challenging me...
Have a very blessed week,
Vicky

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Vicky Tovar

No comments:

Post a Comment