Followers

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dream Burlap Panel inspired by Tim's CC3


Dear scrappers,

This week I used some inspiration from the Challenge 6, which """introduces Tim’s Altered Burlap Panel Technique, to be found on page 37 of A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. #3 (a.k.a “CC3″)"""
lindaledbetter.com/2014/07/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-6.html

Here the final picture:









Adding an old photo from our Europe trip back in 1995... I printed it in card stock and distressed the edges using antique photo ink.








I bought my TH tissue paper and burlap panel as soon as I saw this challenge, but just until yesterday I got to play with it... I used some of TH from Ideo-logy ephemera, such as keys, pins, swivel chain, die cuts, and the binding for the picture.

I used my fiskars ruler to tear the tissue paper before gluing it to the canvas to obtain a scallop border.










I used many of Ranger's TH distressing inks and paints for accenting some of the cuts and used some stencils as well (TH and Theresa Collins).

I decided to use the Eiffel Tower die cut, I made during a technique Tuesday class from Caroline Cowling at Stamp Antonio before they close the store. The technique was to make faux repujado embossed pieces using foil tape on card stock and embossing folders...

I made the "Dream" sentiment as well using this technique. After embossing using some repujado tools, I painted the pieces using alcohol inks and blending solution also from TH.
I really missed those classes because even if I didn't finish a project (mostly because my lack of time), I learned so many techniques and was able to use the finished elements in cards, or scrapbook pages, or any other project I had. In this case I used them as central elements in my burlap canvas...


I enjoyed using the stencils with either distressing inks or paints to layer the card stock ephemera for the background...

I attached the keys to the frame of the canvas using a pin and a swivel chain. I had made the square embossed metal tag, (idea inspired by the Tag you're it challenge by Crafters Hoarders Anonymous Challenge blog:

http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/07/challenge-11-tag-youre-it.html) when I got my metal embossing plates and wanted to practice how to make this technique. This challenge was a great opportunity to use that item from my stash...










I also a bow pin form one of my CTMH old workshop on the go kit (with the Paris theme) to embellish the faux metal embossed Eiffel Tower.
I used some of the sticker phrases I got as gift when I bought the CC3 book from TH. I distressed the edges following the book technique and distressed them with antique photo ink...

I hope you enjoyed my take to this challenge and hope to participate as often as I can ;-)
Thanks for looking into my blog,

Vicky



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Vicky Tovar


7 comments:

  1. FABULOUS texture on the tower on this burlap panel! Love the dream...it's a dream! Love the dangle too! Thanks so much for playing along on our burlap canvas challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the textures! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the layers of color and texture you achieved! And of course, I love the burlap! Thanks so much for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful textures and I love the whimsical look of the charms you added too. So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies, my apologies, my links to the challenge blogs seem not to work some how,..
    I will try to fix it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous tag. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the tag. .. love the texture and the layers. Wow, so much detail! Thanks for sharing your hoard with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete