Followers

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Patriotic Canvas and some Challenges

Compendium of Curiosities 3 (Tim Holtz) Challenge 5:

Dear scrappers,

This I will enter my latest class project in two challenges, which I used as inspiration:

Heart2Heart Challenge: July Scrapbook Challenge Red & White daisy:


http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com/2014/07/july-scrapbook-challenge-red-white-daisy.html

And mostly the
The CC3 challenge 5:

http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/06/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-5.html

My final project without pictures:



My original idea for the class was to use a pre-painted Michaels canvas and do a patriotic theme. Then, I saw those challenges and ideas began to form. For the color scheme, I used the H2H challenge and for the techniques, Tim Holtz' CC3...

The technique:
Distress Watercolering part 1

I used some TC modeling paste and her stripes stencil to give the background of the canvas some dimension and water-colored using TH technique with fire brick distressing ink from Ranger.

I stamped some fireworks and the sentiment (both from the July 2014 SOTM CTMH) using CTMH archival inks and watercolor papers. I used the watercoloring technique with blue distress marker (Ranger), wink of Stella ink, fire brick and mustard seeds distressing inks (Ranger). I love how the wink of Stella gives some shimmering effect to the fireworks and the sentiment:






I stamped some pinwheels using the pinwheels SOTM 2013 from CTMH in precut Cricut shapes out of white daisy (CTMH) card stock with the Artise cartridge and paired them with the shapes cut out of the Superhero paper (CTMH). I attached a magnet using rhinestones brads (Recollections) and liquid glass:


I used a very beautiful BoBunny patriotic paper, I bought a while ago in a local scrapbooking store, to frame all the elements and added some magnets to the back of the canvas using liquid glass:



To finish the look, I used some star rhinestones and sequins from Recollections and some cricut cut stars out of the Superhero paper.
Some material:



My students were so glad with TH techniques and supported my entry to this challenge:



I gave them Cart Blanche to add more elements and this is one of their takes:



I used the pinwheels/ fireworks magnets to attach my pictures from 4th of July 2001, omg what a change, 20-40 pounds less each of us ;-)



I hope you enjoy my take to these fun challenges and give me some critiques...

Have a fun and blessed 4th of July!!!!

Vicky



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Vicky Tovar

7 comments:

  1. What an intense project yet stunning! A perfect match for the Kaboom SOTM and pinwheels. Thank you for participating in the H2H July challenge. Doesn't it feel great to put 13 year old pictures on a page?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adeline. Yes, it feels great. The best thing about this project is that I can switch the pictures as many times as I want to because of the magnets...

      Delete
  2. The fact that this cool project is magnetic takes it over the top! Thanks for sharing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project! LOVE the pinwheels! Thanks so much for joining us on our watercolory challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- these pinwheels are amazing and such a clever take on the themes! Thanks for participating in the July H2H Red and White Daisy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning canvas and such a fun technique...no wonder your students loved it! Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Now that is a project. I love it...there is so much to love. Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete