Followers

Friday, March 25, 2016

Eureka Stamps Challenge #185 Easter Cards

Good Morning Dear Scrappers,

Omy... it's been a crazy couple of weeks and events, but finally I get a chance to blog while my kiddos watch Netflix...

Last Monday started this week challenge at Eureka Stamps :

Easter Cards


and we already have 31 entries, the good news there is still time to enter until this Sunday.


For this challenge, I wanted to make a technique that I saw at TE share the Joy the challenge, created by Jen and at Simon Says Stamp Blog to get into the water coloring frenzy I have seen online lately ;-)





I used a Latina Crafter sketch from this month challenge:



I found this WeR memories paper in my stash and though it was perfect for both the border strip and the colored eggs, btw I received this paper as a gift from my friend Dawn Michelle Staffer at the CKC-Houston, 2 years ago. It is a funny story, because we met there while we were both volunteering and really made a connection and keep in touch until today. Thank you Dawn, I really love the papers you gave me and I'm trying to use them:


For the watercoloring resisting technique, I printed the digital images on watercoloring paper from my stash and heat embossed the outlines using versamark pen and pearl embossing powder (it is better to use white embossing powder):

 Then I gathered some of my spritzers, and spritzed some on a backing sheet:
Then, I wet the embossed image with the spritzed mess.

Then. carefully I cleaned the embossed outlines using a baby-wipe.


 However, I was not supper impressed with the light coloring and added more watercolors directly to the image and spritzed water to clean the embossed outlines. I did this for each colored part. This gave me a better contrast between colors:

I left the sentiment with the original technique because I liked the effect on the background:


I hope you enjoyed my project and learn from my mistakes too ;-)

Have a wonderful Easter weekend and a blessed Good Friday.

Vicky


I am entering this card to the following challenges:








5 comments:

  1. What a great technique and a great card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges tis time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Easter card Vicky, I love all of the eggs hanging like Christmas decorations. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Easter card, Vicky! Love how you've cleverly cut the DP to showcase your amazing egg and seeing your watercolor technique. Thanks so much for joining our 2nd Anniversary ATG challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo I love it!!! And thanks for the tutorial...so good!!! Tahnks for play on Latina Crafter, hope to see you next time!! Vilma-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great techniques!!! Nice step by step. Thanks for participating with Latina Crafter's Challenge (Sketch#57). Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete