Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter Frame

Happy Easter

Dear scrappers, 

I was saving this project for today. I was a class that I thought two weeks ago:


I made it from a TH kit with the clear acrylic tiles and decided to use the the Sweet Sentiments paper from Graphic 45 and other embellishments to decorate it:

I painted the unfinished frame with vanilla ice cream and pearl acrylic paint and added some roses stenciling with a TH stencil with the Art Anthology sorbet dimensional paint and diluted it with vanilla acrylic paint and heated to get the dimensional effect:

I diluted to much the color and couldn't get a nice contrast, thus I added some green patina antiquing cream from DecoArt to the rest of the frame, this kind of teal color has a nice shimmer to it:

Then, I added the paper pieces following TH kit's instructions.

Some closer looks at the finished frame, I added more texture using some fun fabrics and flowers from Mom Ami Gabby:

I added some stamping and die cut from Heartfelt creations and heat embossed it before adding some coloring using Wink of Stella brushes. 

As well some Easter foil washi tape (little B):

I also added some metal crosses I bought a a local catholic store, some laser cut self-adhesive ribbon:

And some CTMH buttons:

And some rhinestones fish: 

I am really happy with the final results and hope you do too.
Happy Easter

He is risen

Vicky Tovar


I would like to submit my frame to the following challenges, which inspired me:




very square frame and acrylic elements



https://www.facebook.com/Graphic45/photos_stream?tab=photos

My tip: to add Graphic 45 cutouts to TH acrylic tiles to make a cute Easter frame ‪#‎shareyourcraft‬ 


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The papers are stunning. I especially love that little just-hatched chick!

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful frame! Lovely images and embellishments. Thanks for playing along with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project! Love the mix of pretty paper and texture! Thanks for joining along with the MMMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun frame! Love all the details. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant frame, so clever and original! Fabulous project!! I adore the colours you used! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful frame! it will look great hung up in your home! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many wonderful elements here! Love all the images. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Hip to be Square' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty frame ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete