Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Graphic 45 Easter Frame

Dear scrappers,

I'm trying to catch up with some projects I did lately and haven't shared with you yet.
I have tried to post this since a while, but finally I had to re-install BloPress in my iPad... And still can't access my picture libraries... No cool...
Oh my, after so many times trying to post from my iPad, I finally gave up and I'm trying to post from my surface computer...

Here is a Sweet Sentiment Easter Frame that I did for for a class in April.

 I started with this more flat version of a 3 spaces wooden frame I found a while ago at Walmart.
 And did some new ones using this 3 spaces with hinges frame I bought at Michaels.

 I used the back of the frame and painted it with creme acrylic paints and distressed it out with Mustard seed ink (Ranger).
I added pieces of the Graphic 45 paper and heat embossed some stamped borders directly to the frame and distressed it with twilight ink.
 I used some packing cardboard and peeled off one side to use as grass. I added some inks, and paints, to a plastic plate and spritzed water to blend it the colors, then just dipped the fussy cut "grass" pieces.
At the end, I distressed the whole frame with different glitter glues and stamped the edges of the frame using twilight ink (CTMH). Stamps used were from Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments.
I added some eggs washi tape to cardstock and cut around the eggs to use as embellishments.

Here is some closeups from the final frames.

BTW, I am entering this project to the Simon Says Stamp Blog's monday challenge: love-of-plants
I am displaying in these frames different acrylic flowers, glitter distressed flowers, and many vines...

I will be posting every day some of my accumulated work during the next few days...
I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to follow my blog and leave some comments,
Have a very blessed day,

Vicky Tovar

2 comments:

  1. ups, I added the wrong link for the Monday Challenge blog: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=2721#

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely lovely creation you've made! It's filled with so many wonderful Spring things and the dimension and texture and layers you created are really amazing. I also love the color palette, which is bright and energetic, but also soft and pastel enough to remind me of Easter. I thought the fringe grass was an especially clever touch and I like how the whole thing is a scene that I'd love to step into. You did a great job on this and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete